Springtime brings sunshine, flowers, and spring cleaning. Not only does having a well-organized home make it more inviting, it also can reduce stress and anxiety, promote charity with donations, and save you time in the long run. We would love to share with you some of our favorite tips to help you organize your home.
- Invest in functional furniture. Lift-top coffee tables, ottomans with storage compartments, and console tables are great places to store your belongings out of sight.
- Give every item a home. Place remotes in a drawer or decorative bowl. Keep blankets in an oversized basket or hidden away in an ottoman with storage.
- Keep décor minimal. No matter what your decorating style is, it is easy for your space to become cluttered with too many decorative items. Keep these pieces organized in groups of two or three, such as three tiered candles on the mantle, or a pair of books on the coffee table.
- Clean out your fridge and pantry and add clear bins. These bins can be used to corral similar items like juice boxes, snacks, or condiments.
- Install cabinet racks. These come in a variety of different heights, widths and styles, making them an easy way to increase your cabinet space.
- Add some under the sink organizers. Whether it’s a storage caddy, over the cabinet door organizer basket, or a sliding under the sink organizer, there are many options to keep your cleaning supplies tidy.
- Utilize the space under the bed. Whether it is extra bed sheets, gift wrap, or out of season clothes, this is a great place to store items, keeping them easily accessible but not visible. Rolling storage containers are perfect for keeping everything organized under the bed.
- Declutter closets. After sorting through clothes you will no longer wear, incorporate a closet organization system. Additional shelves, hooks and clothes racks will help keep everything in order.
- Install shelving. Using your vertical space is one of the easiest ways to keep a garage organized, and industrial shelves are easy to assemble.
- Use overhead space. Gear lofts, which are mounted on the ceiling, are best used for storing items that you don’t need to access on a regular basis.
- Mount a pegboard. Pegboards are a great way to easily change your organization to adapt to your needs.